Tuesday, April 15, 2008

foundation

and now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

~helaman 5:12

3 comments:

Deena said...

I have always loved that verse. Especially the "no power over you" part.

Chell said...

Hi Aubrey..this is the first time that I have looked at this other Blog of yours..and now Im interested. I started to wonder, whats the difference between me, Im a Christian (Baptist) and LDS believers? You guys on my Blog are the only ones I kinda know, so I thought I should ask :-)

aubreyannie said...

hi chell, i'm sorry i'm just getting back with you on your question between the difference between Christians and Latter-day Saints. that is a hefty question and one that i could go on and on about with my answer. ha ha. i'll bet we have quite a bit of similar beliefs.

but as for me, i believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and the Savior of everyone who has ever or will ever live on the earth. i believe in a Heavenly Father and in the Holy Ghost and that they're all three separate beings. i believe in and love the Bible as well as additional scripture called The Book of Mormon which is a record of people who came to the north and south american continent from Jerusalem in 600 B.C. it is another testament of Jesus Christ, just like the Bible is a testament of Jesus Christ.

if you want me to tell you more or have questions, i can answer them..or you can look at lds.org..there is a spot that tells about our basic beliefs.