Sunday, March 30, 2008

kind words

i've been thinking a lot about the tone of voice that i use with my kids. sometimes they drive me crazy to a point where i find myself snapping at them and then instantly regretting it. so, i've been praying that i will use kind words with them. and watch what i say. and not just that, but to use a soft tone in my voice.

if any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

behold also the ships, which are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

~james 3:2-5

1 comment:

Jayci said...

I really like this new blog addition. I'm already appreciation these words of wisdom you 'believe' in. What a nice way to get things across (both for memory and just for sharing). I need to remember the tone of voice thing as well. It is such a powerful thing, and when used properly, it can change hearts, and then the world (even if it's just a personal-family-world).